Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Rather Flustery Day

This is my very first twitter-post.  I've spent the entire morning wrangling with technology rather than writing; and the ironic thing is, this is all done in an effort to join in with a group of people recommitting to their writing by pledging to write 800 words a day for 21 days (I don't know why the number of days was selected, but it was interesting to me because learning experts say that it takes 21 days of repeated action to learn or instill a new skill).  This was brought to my attention by my partner this morning and I decided to make the pledge- the caveat is that the writer needs a webpage in order to post.  My website is for business, so I set about creating a new one in order to participate in the project and so my morning has been spent as an IT person (NOT my forte!) rather than an author.
I don't think the words typed in in an effort to set up a username, buy a godaddy domain, or reclaim the first four blogs I created in iWeb (which evaporated, every one of them, shortly after confirming that they were published successfully) count in this effort.  I think at this point I have three more email accounts, a domain name, and up to seven blogs posted somewhere in cyber-ia that did not exist when I had my morning tea.  All of this is just to say, if I post this and later succeed in finding it, I'll count it a technological success.  I think I'll do my actual writing on the desktop though; I don't feel fully confident about the tech stuff involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment